Virtualization simply means having ‘virtual PC’s. PC’s that are in their own right complete systems but actually reside on 1 physical machine. The advantage of this is you can have several pc’s stored on the 1 machine.
Why would you want to do this?
- Save Money – It is cheaper to power 1 computer than several
- Save Space – Reduce the amount of physical machines required
- Disaster Recovery – Simply roll back the virtual machine to when it was working last
- Stop and start a Virtual machine at the click of a button
- Extend the life of older applications – Run older applications in a virtual environment on a PC running a newer operating system
Here at 19 Computing we can carry out the full transition from physical machines to virtual machines. You may want to cut down on the amount of servers you have or maybe you want to upgrade your existing pc’s but not necessarily replace the software you are running. Virtualization is great for this. Call us and we will be glad to assist.